Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Best Cookie Recipe and Hair updates!

Hi guys! Recently, i finally discovered the best recipe for chocolate chip cookies! I've been getting a number of requests for the recipe, so here it is! :) I don't have the picture on my laptop, but you can view my Instagram to take a look at it! ! 



Chocolate Chip Cookies

Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins

Ingredients:
250g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
170g unsalted butter, melted
200g dark brown soft sugar
100g castor sugar
1tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
325g chocolate chips (I used Hershey's) 

Optional: pecan or macadamia nuts
(If you wanna mix it with nuts, I recommend reducing the amount of chocolate chips to 150g. ) 

Preparation Method: 
  1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Line tray with baking paper
  2. Sift flour, bicarbonate and salt; set aside
  3. In a medium sized bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended.
  4. Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. 
  5. Mix in sifted ingredients until blended, and stir in chocolate chips by hand
  6. Put 1/2 to 1 tbsp of cookie dough onto the tray. Do not flatten the dough. Cookies should be 6cm apart. (1/2 tbsp will give you a cookie of 6cm in diameter.) 
  7. Bake for 15-17 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are slightly toasted. 
  8. Cool on baking trays for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely




Hair Updates!!! 

Last week, I dyed my hair red with Hweii Chiee. The brown color from my previous hair dye was fading and it looked really weird.

When i first saw the shade of red my hair was in, I got a shock because I imagined it a dark red- and, this shade of red makes me look really fair. I don't know what is the name for this color, but I think it's burgundy. Needless to say, my parents were pretty shocked when they saw my hair. I cut bangs too, so it was a pretty drastic change for us. Hahaha!

My dad said that i looked like an apprentice (I think he meant Darth Vader). -____-

On the other hand, Hweii Chiee dip dyed her hair red! She had to bleach it twice for the red color to show. I think she'll be blogging about it soon, too!

The red dye from my hair came out when I washed it, and stained my towel too. So please use a towel that you don't mind getting stained! :) I've been washing my hair almost everyday, or every alternate days. I also put hair treatment oil after I blow dry my hair, that's why my hair dosen't look super dry or spoilt.

Here's the pictures of my hair!



BEFORE:                                                                       AFTER:





So this is the first time ive got proper bangs. The last time I had bangs was when I was form 5. I cut the bangs by myself and it looked horrible. 

my OOTD 




Then we went to Paradigm for some shopping, and we tried the 8 flavored Xiu Long Bao at Paradise Dynasty (i think that's what it's called). The cheese flavour is really delicious!
Service there is impeccable as well. I drink like an elephant, so the waiter had to keep refilling my tea for me. Every time its empty, the waiter will appear from nowhere to refill my cup! He even gave me a cup of ice for the tea since it was so hot! :D 






I'll post more updates when my red hair fades! :) Apparently my hair color will take one month to fade. 






HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! 

恭喜发财红包拿来

:p 





No comments:

Post a Comment